💜 My history background
I was 19 years old and it was the beginning stage as an entrepreneur. I don’t want to be a business person, all I wanted was to make something & sell. So I learn graphic design in 2005 using MSPaint then adobe photoshop 3.0. I started designing by taking a photo and edit them into a digital graphic. Later on, I made a few t-shirts design sold them for $25 to 5 people in the myspace.com community discussion. My audience loves music + t-shirts because they like fashion. This was my humble beginning as a freelance graphic designer selling t-shirts.
✍️ How I started selling t-shirt merchandise
“Euphorya Clothing” - https://myspace.com/euphoryaclothing (closed)
In the year 2005:
1. Skills: Design (Inspiration comes from a photo I took & myspace.com band’s merch
2. Stack: MSpaint or Adobe Photoshop (Self-Taught)
3. Printing shop: print 5 t-shirt, and sell them to 5 people from the community. This was my first beginning sales as a start
4. Delivery: shipping postage or meet up with the customer on location
5. Services: I also sell t-shirt design from $15-$25 per t-shirt design gig for my customer I gave them a .psd file and jpg a preview.
Later on, a music band comes to me looking for a “merch-designer" who can design + print their band merchandise for their fans. So I remembered close to 15 bands who ordered from me, each of the orders between 5-50 pieces. I have at least 1-3 orders monthly at that point. So I make animated banners in gif using photoshop my own ads to embed them on my myspace.com profile. The whole entire thing is just about me learning the “do-it-yourself” D.I.Y way.