Here’s the breakdown: Stress > Anxiety > Burnout > Pre-Diabetes > Type 2 Diabetes
My story on focusing myself on a better life:
It all started from doing hard work. Who would think doing hard work leads to all these? Back in the year, I had a few client’s works to be done, datelines were back to back, I had many big projects to deal with and also dealing with some toxic connections with people. I had some struggles completing my tasks as well from web-designing, coding, video editing, graphic design, consultancy, marketing, and sales. I don’t have any breaks, I’m always on the laptop and rarely exercise. I feel like entrepreneurship is not for me anymore!
As a seasoned solo founder is great to have a team to do this all for you but to build a team is hard and something I have yet to master. I tried to build a team 3 times while building my business and hoping to get things done better so I can focus on other important things for the business. I thank a few people in the team & community who have helped me in the past in trying to build a profitable business. Now most of them either work full-time or run their own business or being self-employed people. Glad what had happened to me was to bounce back higher today to share my story.
In the past, I overcome living with sad life in 2012-2013 when I lost my late mom, dad, and brother. It was about 2-3 years I was struggling with emotions to be positive. In 2014-2017 I pick myself up and I went through a life-changing journey and started a new business after that, doing multiple things that I love to do and it was doing okay and well until something happen in 2017.
Back in late 2017, I had some challenges which I face. (here are some I can remember)
TOO MANY THINGS WERE GOING ON.
- I was broke after broke
- projects were not paying me well & I got low-balled
- My MacBook Pro laptop got thermal issues and dead
- I had to deal with some debts
- I had client small and big projects ongoing to finish
- I had to borrow a laptop
- I was involved with toxic people
- I had some really good people around me too thanks for that
- I had panic attacks because I was very stress and is hard to manage
- I had sleepless nights and at times I shut myself down by sleeping more
- I ate a lot of food in a day almost every week and I didn’t realize I was very stress
- It was lonely, is hard for me to speak to anyone about what I’m facing
- I had tons of bills to pay and it sucks to run a business and I hate what I’m doing
- I feel like giving up because I felt everything is just a waste of time.
- I try to ignore everything and focus on myself each day.
- there we also some problems with toxic people: never let things go, can’t move forward, bully, intimidate, lie, create drama, play the victim, act out of fear and insecurity and so much more.
In 2017-2018, One tweet I remember that I posted. I got active on Twitter. Started to focus on myself more.
Each time I try to be positive about it and is just so difficult. By nature or in real life I’m a very energetic and positive person. So when I face this, I had panic attacks and difficulty in breathing. I don’t know what the heck was going on. Later on, I realize I was burnout, from extrovert to introvert and it was not normal for me, I don’t talk that much anymore and I just tweet my pain when I got stuck.